The Complete Fleet Management Solution for Edge Devices
K-PORT is the complete fleet management solution for edge devices that has been specially developed to make management easy and simplify the rollout of container applications. This complete hardware and software solution lays the foundation for the development of your custom IoT solutions to automate tasks such as securely carrying out fleet updates at operating system and application level with just a few clicks, monitoring devices in the field and establishing fast remote support to minimize downtimes. This allows you to manage thousands of device connections end-to-end, globally and at a glance.
- Minimize complexity for IT teams and free up IT resources
- 24/7 overview of globally distributed device fleet
- Securely encrypt applications end-to-end
- Continuous deployment during operation
- Monetize software licenses and custom applications
- Increase machine turnover through digital service
- Stay competitive due to accelerated time-to-market
- Reduce costs of hardware, installation and maintenance
- Minimize travel expenses
- Save time due to direct and effective troubleshooting
- Immediate depth of support down to device level
- Act proactively and with foresight
K-PORT makes it much easier to manage, monitor and operate your fleet of devices.
Container-based applications can be updated without manual effort using configurable image templates in K-PORT. Test and roll out update scenarios on edge devices distributed worldwide.
For service cases, use K-PORT to remotely access your machines quickly and efficiently. Set up a temporary VPN connection at control level to significantly increase your support depth.
Secure your x86 and Advanced RISC Machines (ARM) against critical vulnerabilities with a Yocto Linux-based operating system. Two redundant operating system partitions provide the highest availability and a secure management interface for updates and deployment.
- Monitor condition of IoT devices
- Manage all machines in a cloud-based environment for edge devices worldwide
- Easy onboarding processes for IoT devices
- KontronOS for x86 and ARM systems based on Yocto Linux
- Two redundant operating system partitions ensure 100% uptime
- Secure management interface for updates and deployment
- Can be updated at short notice in the event of critical weaknesses
- Docker container admin
- Deploy docker containers to device fleets in the field
- Encapsulate customer applications (images) in containers
- Central management of desktop and remote access such as RDP & SSH access
- Set up secure remote connections
- Activate and deactivate temporary direct access to the machine and device network
- Establish a direct tunneling connection between networks
- Manage, monitoring, and log VPN connections
- Several experts can access the same one device/system in parallel
A core component of the K-PORT fleet management solution is the hardened Yocto-Linux®-based KontronOS operating system, which comes pre-installed for enhanced security and optimal operation of Docker containers in embedded and networked x86 or Arm®-based devices.
- Protection against compromise, external access and uncontrolled updates
- Intuitive network configuration interface
- Redundancy through dual partitions
- Integrated firewall for network zone definition
- Physical security layer for device and user credentials
- Integrated BIOS-level security mechanism via TPM 2.0 on x86 and via HAB for Arm®
- GPIO support for digital signal usage
- Continuous CVE/CWE scanning of software components
|IoT Gateway “Premium” - Kontron KBox A-250||IoT Gateway “Compact” - Kontron AL i.MX8M Mini|