VarOBU is a Mobility 4.0 application. This includes an on-board unit for the wireless, secure transmission of sensor data from the braking system to the locomotive. The locomotive driver receives the result of the braking test on his mobile terminal via wireless transmission, whether he is at a standstill or while driving.
Additional data from the brake test are available in a cloud-based solution for reporting and long-term archiving. Every user is provided with the information intended for them via the integrated rights management system. The security of your data takes top priority for us here.
Additional application options
- GPS Tracking
- Mileage calculation
- Hot box detection
- Automatic load control
- Handbrake position detection
- Wheel flat detection
Further information and technical details can be found in the VarOBU Factsheet or let us advise you personally and without obligation in finding a solution in line with your needs.
- Reduction of train dispatch times and personnel costs
- Automatic documentation and logging of brake tests
- Early detection of outages
- Wireless and independent of external power and radio sources
- Secure data transmission whether you are at a standstill or while driving
- Evaluation in line with your wishes and requirements
- Can be retrofitted for many types of carriages
- More than 25 years of experience with automation tasks